World Recognition – Ruconbar
World Recognition for Croatian Innovation – Ruconbar
Ruconbar won the Crystal Globe in Las Vegas
* The International Road Association awarded the Croatian innovative noise protection product – Ruconbar, whose absorbent layer consists of recycled rubber and concrete, which is a product of excellent co-operation between the Zagreb Faculty of Civil Engineering, Beton Lučko and Gumiimpex.
The research team, led by prof. Ph.D. Stjepan Lakušić, winner of the Crystal Globe in the “Research” category for the innovative product of RUCONBAR – absorbing concrete barrier against noise reduction with recycled rubber, developed in collaboration with Beton Lučko and Gumiimpex.
RUCONBAR is a concrete protective board consisting of bearings and absorbent layers, and recycled rubber granules that make the noise absorbing layer.
The advantages of this concept are:
– prevent waste disposal at landfills
– prevention of landscape degradation from excavation of natural aggregates and clay (used in production of noise barriers)
– noise protection using Secure recycled materials
* Text taken from the magazine PRO Building (01.11.2018 .. page 33)